Research Fellow, Composite/Microstructure/Optics
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Prepare composite, ceramic and polymers samples for the characterization using Direct Reflectance Microscopy (DRM)
- Demonstrate the applicability of DRM to these materials
- Explore the applicability of DRM during mechanical testing
A Doctoral Degree in Materials Science and Engineering or a related field with experience and knowledge on the following areas:
- Practical experience of composite fabrication using short particulates
- Knowledge of ceramic etching, light-matter interactions, texture-related properties
- Characterization of composites using electron microscopy and mechanical testing
- Excellent level of spoken and written English and ability to work in multidisciplinary environment
- High quality publication record in relevant journals
- Work is experimental and requires excellent learning, communication and hands-on skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.