Optical Microscopy and Image Analysis Specialist
- Full-time, 3 year fixed term contract
- Based at La Trobe University Bundoora campus
- HEO8 classification
About the position
The optical microscopist and image analysis specialist provides high level expert training and technical support in optical microsophy and image analysis for research groups across multiple disciplines to enable and accelerate their research. The role is responsible for managing the confocal and widefield microscopy capabilities of the Bioimaging Platform and will work closely with team members with expertise in electron microscopy and flow cytometry to oversee the platform’s operations. Advanced skills in fluorescence and transmitted light imaging of fixed and stained cells, tissue sections, 3D cultures, as well as time lapse imaging of live cell dynamics and the ability to work with a wide range of specimens from bacteria to fungi, plants and animal cells and tissues is critical.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- A PhD degree in the life sciences, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge and experience.
- A high level of expertise and experience operating and maintaining laser scanning and spinning disk confocal and widefield microscopy equipment.
- A strong background in image analysis including experience using a range of software solutions such as, but not limited to Imaris 3D/4D image analysis software and Fiji/ImageJ
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 25 October 2020
Position Enquiries Prof. Patrick Humbert (P.Humbert@latrobe.edu.au), Tel: (03) 9479 5155, or Dr Christopher Adda (C.Adda@latrobe.edu.au), Tel: (03) 9479 1157
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Senior Recruitment Buisness Partner, +61 3 9479 2030 or email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet points in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.