Research Fellow, Environmental Biotechnology/Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE invites applications for the position of Research Fellow to help develop novel algal-based systems.
- Develop a microalgal system for the conversion of wastewater and off-gas containing carbon dioxide into microalgae
- Develop an economically feasible source of polyunsaturated fatty acids
- PhD in environmental biotechnology, engineering or any relevant field
- Competent in basic microbiology
- Background research/knowledge in microalgae
- Experience with photobioreactor systems essential
- Ability to design biological reactors for algal production
- Experience with a range of biotechnological applications including single cell protein desirable
- Able to handle microbes competently and safely up to Biosafety Level 2
- Good aseptic technique
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Very good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.