Research Fellow, Electrical Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow.
- Develop and evaluate reliable condition monitoring concepts for electric machines for predictive maintenance
- Conduct a detailed analysis on aging processes and fault mechanisms in electric machines with focus on winding isolation and bearings
- Develop, design and implement measuring systems for fault prediction select appropriate sensor concepts and evaluate them on test benches
- Deviate methods for ageing modeling, fault detection and fault classification algorithms
- Develop condition monitoring platforms
- Design and develop condition monitoring cards and high speed data acquisition systems
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- Team player, self-organized, excellent communication skills and analytical thinking
- Experience in condition monitoring of electrical machines
- Experience and knowledge in physical behavior of electric machines and their modeling, programming and modeling in Matlab/Simulink, electric circuit design, sensor signal processing and data processing, feature extraction and classification
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in embedded software and firmware development with ARM microcontroller, DSP and FPGA is a must
- Advanced experience in digital and analog electronics firmware design and implementation is required including knowledge on system ADC, DAC and interface software design
- Experience and knowledge in firmware design and implementation experience involving in FPGA SoC, ARM Cortex M7/A9, DDR3/DDDR4 DRAM, NAND/NOR Flash, USB, PCIe, GbE, Fibreoptic, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553B, general asynchronous serial (e.g. UARTs), SPI, CAN Bus, Profibus, Modbus, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in firm design and implementation experience in FPGA embedded system, high speed digital and mixed signal platforms are essential
- Experience using CAD tools (e.g. Altium Designer, ModelSim, Vivado HDL, Quartus II etc) and PCB Design experience is essential
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU