Customer Service Clerk
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Customer Service Clerk, Restorative Clinic, Penn Dental Medicine
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Customer Service Clerk is a key component / team member in the support of the Restorative clinics.
The Clerk is responsible for the dispensing, collection, and inventory of dental instruments, equipment, and consumable supplies utilized in the Restorative clinics for the treatment of patients, both real and simulated, as well as for the education of student doctors. The Clerk will need to identify all instruments and materials dispensed to pre-doctoral students, defects and send small equipment out for repairs, sterilize pre-doctoral student owned electrical handpieces, as well as small miscellaneous instruments. Clerks are tasked with creating exceptional experiences for our faculty and staff by providing a high level of customer service, helping Penn Dental Medicine "Shape the Future of Care".
- Accurately identify individual instruments. Dispense & collect instruments, materials & small equipment cassettes, & materials dispensed in all pre-doctoral clinics.
- Sterilize pre-doctoral student owned electrical handpieces, small burs, and miscellaneous instruments. Disinfect and wrap small equipment. Send equipment out for repair when needed.
- Prepare for pre-doctoral license exams twice a year. Set up & breakdown supplies, materials, and clinic before and after exams. Work with other team members and close the clinic at the end of session. Prepare and restock for the next day the clinic is open.
- Cross-train and rotate throughout the other three clinics as needed based on business needs.
- Regularly check oxygen levels on oxygen tanks and track/accurately account for crash cart materials.
- Replace expired material in clinic crash carts.
Other expectations of the position include:
- Punctual attendance based on business requirements. Take responsibility for all work activities; follow through on commitments; implement decisions that have been agreed upon; maintain confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledge and learns from mistakes without blaming others.
- Consistently exhibit optimism and energy; learns new skills and performs work in different ways.
- Act professionally and calmly at all times when interacting with others; consistently demonstrate concern and courtesy towards colleagues and customers; treat all people respectfully; take personal responsibility for correcting problems; follow up with individuals to ensure satisfaction with the level of service they have received.
A high school diploma or GED and 1 - 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience with Windows-based software required; dental software experience preferred. Knowledge of dental terminology and dental procedures preferred. Excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Dental Medicine
$15.44 - $26.25
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.