Veterinary Nurse NBC A/B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Vet Nurse NBC A/B
Job Profile Title
Veterinary Technician B
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Director of Imaging and Clinical Service, provide nursing care to hospitalized large animal patients, performing basic treatments and procedures, emergency management and teaching.
- Provide nursing care to emergency and in-house patients, and share rounds with the incoming shift. Perform all admissions and discharges for animals under their care.
- Place patient charges in EMR on a daily basis, and maintain patient medical records.
- Communicate patient needs with clinicians and colleagues.
- Assist with research projects
- Assist in teaching both veterinary and veterinary technician students.
- Escort clients to their animal for visitation.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Follow standard operating procedures for department and hospital
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Demonstrate awareness of patient confidentiality issues
- Assist in other Clinical Service areas as assigned
This position is a 40 hours/wk position, includes weekends and some holidays. The position includes cross training in all services.
Position located in Kennett Sq., No public Trans. avail.
Must be a credentialed veterinary technician (CVT, LVT, RVT or equivalent), or a graduate of an accredited veterinary technology program and eligible for sitting the boards. Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively required. Must have excellent communication skills both orally and written. Horse handling skills are required. Must be able to work well with others. Computer skills required.
Vet Nurse A: 0-1 years of experience
Vet Nurse B: 1-3 years of experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT/RESOURCE EXPOSURE
- High noise environment
- Alternative work schedules On-Call (beeper)
- Requires protective devices Exposure to chemicals Outdoor exposure to weather
- High dust, dirt, grease environment
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Frequent lifting 25 lbs.
- Typically standing or walking
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Using tools requiring high dexterity
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
Job Location - City, State
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Department / School
School of Veterinary Medicine
$16.23 - $29.22
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.