Student Account Specialist
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Financial Administrative Coordinator
Job Description Summary
Manage and process third party contracts using Banner AR module, with dollar volume greater than $30M annually; Bill third party sponsors and reconcile third party receivable account; process sponsor payments and journals and provide management reports; Higher level Banner functional skills required to perform application of payments, design queries for student account populations including financial hold and pre-collection accounts; Support Student Accounts department daily operations
The Student Accounts Specialist reports to the Director of Student Accounts. The position will process third party contracts and payments from state, private and government sponsors, including military tuition assistance, and HUP tuition benefits for dollar volume greater than $30 million. The Student Accounts Specialist will analyze and query Banner AR data to support billing, financial hold and collection processes, improve management of student account processes for targeted populations, and research and resolve account discrepancies with vendors and the Penn community. The Student Account Specialist will also be responsible for communicating with students, staff, Penn community members and vendor partners for all student account issues.
- Process third party contracts using the Banner AR contract module, collect sponsor authorizations, process military and HUP tuition payments greater than $30M annually
- Process student account financial adjustments, process sponsor payments (check and wire), work with Treasurer’s Office to research wire payments, process financial journals as necessary
- Bill sponsors for amounts due, monitor sponsor receivable, remove student account credit for overdue sponsor payments, reconcile contract receivable account, provide management reports
- Higher level Banner functional user skills required to perform application of payments, build queries for specific populations to monitor pre-collection and financial holds
- Analyze Banner AR information to identify outstanding balance issues, monitor refund process and develop targeted communication to affected students
- Review and research student account transactions, daily system output, respond to student requests requiring update to late payment penalties, account adjustments, check posting, etc.
- Assist with back to school, freshman cycle and other SRFS business processes as necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- HS/GED with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related Accounts Receivable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting principles to include posting of debits and credits and General ledger posting
- Experience in Ellucian/Banner Suite required, Experience with TouchNet, ECSI preferred.
- Experienced Excel user
- Office, library, computer room
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Finance
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.