Research Scientist, CERN
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The successful candidate will work on cross-disciplinary multi-institute consortium research program on intersections of Physics at the LHC with AI-methods, and Quantum Information Science with High Energy
Physics, including Quantum-AI methods as detailed in DOE's National Quantum Initiative.
This position is located at the CERN facility in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Lead and coordinate CMS's (at the LHC, CERN) Machine Learning Forum for the entire experimental collaboration. Includes coordinating with the PI the work of postdocs, students and scientific staff from international partners including Fermilab and CERN.
- Lead and coordinate NQIS quantum-AI and quantum computation intersections and applications in/with HEP
- Co-design end co-engineer with consortium partners AI and Quantum-AI related algorithms and methodologies and run them in existing NISQ quantum computation platforms (Sycamore, IBMq/Hummingbird, D-Wave etc)
- PhD in Physics or related field
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience in HEP and 2 in AI/HEP intersections
- Able to travel internationally and nationally
- Experience in LHC physics and LHC data analysis
- Experience in coordination roles in the LHC large collaborations
- Experience in QIS/HEP intersections including Quantum-AI.