Business Intelligence Engineer 1
Job Code: 4776
Job Grade: J
Stanford UIT is filling up two Business Intelligence Engineer position as part of this job notification - One for Backend development for EDW and another for Frontend Reporting using OBIEE/Tableau/Incorta. Resumes submitted will be reviewed for each role based on their skills/experience
Responsible for development of technical analysis and design, new programming, modifications, scheduling, tuning, testing and maintenance of systems in support of new and existing Business Intelligence(BI) and other projects.
- Consult with client groups to assess user needs and requirements.
- Perform data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) tools involving complex EDW structures OR on OLTP systems.
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for BI initiatives.
- Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in Quality Control testing. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Meticulously build BI applications following software methodologies defined.
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements.
- Monitor ETL processes, system audits, Dashboard Reporting and Presentation Layer functioning and performance and pro-actively fix issues as found. Support the performance of systems.
- Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing. Provide operational support on failures and outages.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in computer science, or engineering or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced SQL and PL/Sql. Skills in Shell Programming.
- Understanding in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Knowledge in ETL, presentation layer and reporting design strategies. Ability to support custom built ETL auditing and scheduling programs.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems with right solutions.
- Analytical capabilities to slice and dice data and display data in reports for best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to follow Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and should be able to work under any project management methodologies used.
- Ability to follow best practices and standards.
- Ability to identify BI application performance bottlenecks and tune.
- Expertise and experience in BI Tools – Informatica, Business Objects, OBIEE, OBIA, Tableau and QlikView.
- Ability to programmatically process data in flat files, transform and load into Data warehouse.
- Quick learner of any new technologies OR business processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Please note: We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for these positions.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4776
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87263