Manager, Internal Programs
DEPARTMENT University Sponsored Research
ORGANIZATION NAME University Sponsored Research
Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Manager Internal Programs is responsible for managing the development of funding programs, the funding call process (including multi-stage reviews) and supporting the management of the internal grant portfolio up to point of Award.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s strategy, as well as annual KPI plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall research objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets in relation to prospective funding programs.
- Manage the University’s annual and response-mode internally funded research programs as part of the university’s overall portfolio of grants
- Develop materials related to the preparation of funding calls and related activities, including inter-institutional project & center calls.
- Manage proposal submission compliance and eligibility prior to technical reviews.
- Manage the internal and external reviewer process including identifying subject specific reviewers based on individual proposal topics.
- Liaise between scientific review committees and applicants/grantees, e.g., synthesize feedback from review panels to applicants and grantees.
- Act as the initial administrative contact point for proposal external collaborators as part of the funding call process, including sub-award agreement clarifications.
- Develop, track, report on and manage to key success metrics, including grant performance as a function of the program design
- Design and solicit feedback from key constituents about current processes.
- Ensure the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the pre-award processes, including identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Use appropriate reporting system to provide support and training to research end users to ensure adherence to developed processes and procedures, primarily through the Research Management System.
- Facilitate the smooth flow of paperwork and approvals, ensuring adherence to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Manage the workload allocation of team members in line with unit needs to best maximize office resources considering the ebb and flow of funding cycles.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager. Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear.
- Follow-up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field, with experience working in a research-awarding environment such as a research funding agency, foundation or university internal funding function.
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 8 year of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).