IT Quality Assurance Analyst 2
Job Code: 4782
This is a one-year fixed-term position and could end earlier, per University policies set forth in the Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Under general supervision, verify correct functionality of software by testing and analyzing systems (applications and/or services). May serve as quality assurance lead.
- Participate in entire software development lifecycle process to catch defects as early as possible; become a domain expert on the system under test.
- Participate in component level design review and planning process to translate design requirements and project specifications into robust test harnesses and test plans.
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system. Participate in the functional and/or technical specification documents review. Drive towards sustainable and maintainable manual test and automation design.
- Implement test harnesses; create automated and manual test suites.
- Design and execute manual and/or automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of entire system, subsystems, and interfaces to other systems as needed.
- Coordinate testing efforts, and provide quality assurance readiness to team.
- Archive, maintain, and support all test artifacts for reuse on subsequent projects, including test environments, test data, and application instances as appropriate.
- Work proactively with all team members, including business and functional analysts, developers, integration partners, and quality assurance team, to ensure quick resolution of technical issues.
- Act as second or third level technical support, analyzing user problems to identify critical defects, as needed.
- Keep current of industry standards, evolving technologies and methodologies, and tools for quality assurance, development, and testing. Assist in the evaluation and selection of development and testing tools.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance methodology and software development life cycles, and the ability to use this expertise to drive test design, processes, and techniques.
- Service NOW ITIL Certification preferred.
- Experience implementing at least one SNOW full lifecycle modules request/change/incident/problem.
- Knowledge of and experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- SQL skills for Incorta/OBIEE report testing.
- Effective oral, written, and analytical skills, and commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Ability to establish personal credibility and rapport with team members, management, and client staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4782
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87284