Teaching - Nursing Lecturer
You will work closely with the Head of Programmes and the wider academic team to ensure the effective delivery of the curriculum and the student experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity in line with BPP's General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Contribute to the analysis / quality indicators for programme quality/student performance.
- Attended Examination Boards.
- Contribute to the Shortlisting and Interviewing of applicants.
- Facilitate Student Staff Liaison Committees (SSLC's).
Teaching & Student Support
- Undertake lecturing appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role.
- Support student through the completion of academic work.
- Support student through practice-based learning and assessment.
- Support student who face challenges with progression / completion of their studies.
- Advise and action student referrals to other University Central support services.
- Engage in academic marking.
- Act as an Academic Assessor.
- Moderate Practice Assessment Documentation.
- Prepare and Support Practice Supervisors & Practice Assessors in the practice area
- Undertake Module Leadership.
- Maintain CPD.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this role.
School of Nursing
UK, South, Southampton
- Current NMC Registration
- First Degree
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- Facilitate student feedback to aid learning
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High personal standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong skills in organisation, coordination, planning, prioritisation, people management and influencing.
- Evidence of CPD
- Post Graduate Degree or in progress
- PhD or in progress
- Experience in the completion of Module / Programme Reports
- Experience of Curriculum Implementation
- Teaching qualification or in progress
- Marking of work and preparation of results for Exam Boards
- Facilitate student evaluation where appropriate
- Facilitate student support
- Expertise in lecturing and designing modules and programmes
- An ability to prioritise your own work and the work of others
- A track record in research and translating research into teaching and education.
Publication end date