Assistant/Associate Professor in Literature
4 days left
- Full Time
School: School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department: Department of Literature
Position Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Literature
Vacant Number: One
Location: Suzhou Campus
Assistant Professor : 27,929 – 30,279RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 34,219RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post);
Associate Professor：34,738 – 37,469 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 41,063 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Advertisement Closing Date: 31th October 2020
Roles & Responsibilities:
We seek a dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Professor /Associate Professor to contribute to teaching in the Literature pathway of XJTLU's English programmes, as well as to the research profile of an ambitious and expanding department. Candidates should have a strong publication record relative to their stage of career. The appointment is offered on a three-year contract in the first instance, which is renewable. The position responsible is as below:
- Deliver lectures and seminars in topics in Literature, and should have the ability to teach across the undergraduate curriculum.
- Proven ability in teaching subjects related to the following will be an advantage: Literature of the Enlightenment, Postcolonial Literature, and Postmodern Literature.
- Contribute to the department’s research profile through sustained publication.
- Teaching on the Literature pathway of the English program, including supervision of Final Year Projects.
- Carry out administrative duties as required by the HoD.
- A PhD in Literature at or near completion
- A strong record of research appropriate to stage of career
- Proven ability of teaching at undergraduate level
- Teaching experience at postgraduate level
- Experience of Technology Enhanced Learning
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application Online via https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1746&company=xjtlu directly or access to university official website, https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu find Requisition Number 1746 ,
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file in resume that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Informal enquiries, please email the Recruiting Team at email@example.com. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.