Postdoctoral Fellow, NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity
1 day left
- Full Time
Postdoctoral Fellow (Basic Science/Applied Science/Engineering/Humanities/Arts/Social Sciences/Medicine)
Launched in 11 March 2019, NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity (NISTH) aims to deeply understand the social context of science and technological innovation and its consequences for humanity. Our focus is on impact. We aim to realize real and positive change in the world by unusual combinations of Sciences, Technology, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to tackle complex problems. We engage in team science where scientists, scholars, professionals, government, NGOs and the public work on shared goals. This will shorten the chain from scientific finding or technological innovation to adoption and consequently translating to real world impact. We imagine a time period of 20 years from 2020 to find solutions to the global challenges that society is facing today.
We invites applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Engage in conversations with researchers across disciplines to ignite/develop ideas for potential collaborations and translation of research to society for impact
- Provide support in writing research proposals and grant applications to funding agencies
- Contribute to the NISTH blog on research with strong societal impact
- Conduct research and literature review on methods and methodologies, mechanisms or metrics to evaluate societal impact for research
- Involve in activities to generate impact stories of research that demonstrate interdisciplinarity and strong impact to society or humanity
- Assist in identifying key communities across disciplines
- PhD across all disciplines in basic/applied science, engineering, humanities, arts, and social sciences, medicine are welcome but PhD with interdisciplinary experience in working across two or more disciplines is highly recommended
- Strong evidence in writing scientific literature
- Experience in writing research grant proposals is preferred
- Experience in organising events such as conferences and workshops is preferred
- Please apply with a full curriculum vitae, selected publication list (up to 10) and a sample piece of academic writing
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.