Lecturer, Department of Computer Science
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BULIT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Teaching in Computer Science at undergraduate, Honours and Masters’ level.
- Conducting research and producing research output in journal and conference proceedings peer reviewed articles.
- Supervision of Honours and MIT projects.
- Marketing for the department.
- A Masters’ degree in Computer Science;
- A minimum of one accredited journal/conference publication;
- Teaching experience in Computer Science at a tertiary level;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Appropriate teaching skills.
- Appropriate research skills.
- Experience in programming in C++.
- Teaching C++ programming at tertiary level.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Active researcher in one of the department’s focus areas.
- Supervision of Honours projects.
- Registered for a PhD degree.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 12 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.