Digital Learning Content Production Specialist
Digital Learning Content Production Specialist
United Arab Emirates University
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the UAE’s premier teaching and research institution. The first national university in the UAE, founded in 1976, the UAEU is among the nation's most academically diverse universities offering 52 Bachelor’s degree programs, 37 Master’s programs, a Doctor of Medicine (MD), several PhD programs, and a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA). The QS world ranking recently recognized UAEU in the top 300 universities and 27th best ‘Young’ university globally.
With a faculty numbering more than 930 and nearly 14,000 students from 64 nationalities, the flagship university is always striving for self-improvement and holds accreditation with WSCUC, ABET and AACSB. As part of the University’s strategic plan there is a clear agenda to achieve international research stature, by partnering with industry and international research organizations to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world.
The University’s programs and research continue to garner national and global recognition and rankings. This is attributable to research output increasing by more than 50% in high ranked journals in the past five years and more than half of UAEU’s research output is published in top quartile journals. UAEU has built its reputation on excellence through cultural diversity; integrity and transparency; innovation; collaboration; engagement; transformation and student focus.
Digital Learning Department
The United Arab Emirates University is embarking on an exciting transformation that will encompass the formation of the Digital Learning Department (DLD). The DLD will be the first center for advanced virtuality in the region, pioneering the use of scientific computational methods to enhance learning and research. The in-house digital learning platform will sit within DLD and will manage the digital transformation of courses and academic programs. This start up department will conduct experiments on fusing virtual experience in learning to derive meaningful inferences as well as computational research to support student learning through effective assessment methodologies.
The Digital Learning Department will investigate the impact of cutting-edge technologies on learning, simulations and cognition, and will allow synergy between faculty and professionals to innovate new genres, aesthetics, and conventions for using technologies of virtuality. More importantly the DLD will facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning tools across the university and act as a conduit between colleges, faculty and administration to implement and adopt new technologies and digital learning, in collaboration with program managers.
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking a Digital Learning Content Specialist to build in-house digital learning capacity. The Digital Learning Content Production Specialist supports the DLD in all aspects of production and post-production of online, blended & offline course materials. Reporting to the Manager of Content Production, this role plays an integral part in the success of the University’s online learning initiatives.
This individual is an experienced eLearning developer who builds online courses and digital learning materials for UAEU courses and programs. S/he will be responsible for developing digital assets and interactive course content; building, maintaining, and managing online courses and content on both edX platform and Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS).
A focus of this position is the creation of video graphics used in UAEU’s online courses. This will include the development of graphic elements and branding materials for courses, as well as DLD’s communications and branding assets. The Content Production Specialist will also assist with video editing and filming. In addition, this position will manage the post-production video tasks for the assigned online courses, including creating and maintaining all asset management documents and systems. S/he will coordinate with faculty or the course managers on revisions and approvals, and complete all other tasks associated with the building and release of course material.
The successful candidate should have thorough knowledge of the technical tools and platforms required to achieve the delivery of engaging and media-rich online learning content, and of trends in the use and effectiveness of educational technology and learning.
Essential criteria include:
- Design and develop graphics and branding materials used in online courses as well as DLD’s communications materials.
- Re-design and revise faculty-provided course materials.
- Integrate graphical representations of teaching concepts into audio and video assets for online courses.
Video Production and Post-Production
- Support DLD team in all aspects of production and post-production.
- Create substantive edits of video footage under the direction of Content Production Manager.
- Execute basic post-production effects and finalizing tasks to DLD’s video assets.
- Creating ‘rough-cut’ of the course video immediately after the recording.
- Working creatively to produce original and aesthetic 2D & 3D animations.
- Maintain course spreadsheets, upload course assets to edX Studio, and edit transcripts, as necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with course faculty and managers on approval status for video assets and iterative feedback
Required knowledge and competencies
Key competencies for the Content Production Specialist will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plan, create, develop, and support learning technology initiatives and provide technical expertise for the programming of online course content
- Proficiency and strong hands-on experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite & 3Ds Max or Maya.
- Hand-on experience with 3d modeling and 3d animation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to do animations in aftereffects will be a major plus.
- Videography and photography skills are a must.
- Ability to translate written text into 2d and 3d graphic representations.
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to work cooperatively with the DLD’s creative team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines and priority levels.
- Fluency in English language (bilingual – Arabic and English is a plus).
Education and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have the necessary education background with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in animation, graphic design, film production, or related field, Educational Technology, or closely related discipline with at least two years of higher education instructional design experience.
Furthermore, candidates will have at least Minimum 5 years of experience in graphic design & video production with distinctive storytelling ability, and proven experience working with faculty/instructors/subject matter experts to design, develop and support delivery of digital instruction.
UAEU offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, to attract a compelling candidate.
Closing Date for applications: 15th November 2020
Informal enquiries may be made to Prof Hassan Selim (Director of Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should apply with a CV and covering letter through the UAEU Jobs portal at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/index.jsp