The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) Coordinator will effectively support the academic mission of the school across intersecting areas pertaining to students and faculty. This position will provide operational and administrative support for the Registrar, the Office of Student Affairs, standing faculty, and part-time instructors. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist with event and program coordination, communications assistance, financial and office coordination.
- In partnership with the SP2 Registrar provide support for the Next Generation Student System (NGSS) implementation and ongoing maintenance for SP2 degree programs, course offerings and student records.
- Assist the SP2 Registrar, with enrollment, degree verification letters, transcripts and related forms for current and former students. This includes utilizing the students record to complete requests for documentation of a student’s status or degree program. Letters, forms and transcripts are for state licensure applications, employment verification, education opportunities and personal requests.
- In collaboration with the SP2 Registrar and the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) assist with classroom scheduling for SP2 course offerings, meetings and special events. Provide support for SP2 conference room scheduling in the Caster building, 5th Floor of the McNeil building and 3815 Walnut street.
- Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, perform general administrative tasks and support for the Office of Student Affairs, including: survey creation and implementation using Qualtrics. Work with SP2 communications staff and the Office of Student Affair staff to maintain information on the Office of Student Affairs webpage. Provide support for student affairs in-person events, such as room set-up for catering, setting up PowerPoint presentations and end of event organization. Create slides with information provided by the Student Affairs team to be displayed in the Caster Building Lobby. Create event registrations links for remote events, monitor online attendance, contact attendees re: event updates and create Poll Everywhere surveys for remote and in-person programing.
- Acts as a liaison with the office of finance and administration in regards to the Office of Student Affairs procard reconciliation, and P.O. requests.
- Under the direction of the Dean’s Office, serve as resource to faculty, part time lecturers, and academic programs regarding administrative and courseware support, including international courses. Support faculty gaining access to textbooks and other course materials. Working with faculty and student affairs staff, assist with implementation of meetings and programs; create related online surveys, forms, and registration pages; assist with department correspondence; event planning pertaining to academic lectures, Commencement, and routine administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, filing and archiving.
- Will serve as backup to the Dean’s Assistant when they are out of the office and provide support during peak times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Bachelors degree highly preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required. Good customer service skills, including through written communication, are required. Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task and learn new tools and systems. Must be detail oriented. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of HTML, WordPress, and web applications. Occasional evening or weekend work required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Social Policy and Practice
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.