Vendor Services Risk and Program Manager
Job Code: 4142
Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of Business Affairs, whose vision is to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research. Business Affairs' mission is to provide integrated financial, technical, business and Human Resources services for the benefit of the Stanford Community.
Within FMS, Procurement Services oversees the policies, processes, and systems associated with buying and paying activities at the university.
In this rewarding position within the Procurement Services department, as the Vendor Services Risk & Program Manager you will be responsible for risk and program management for our supplier base.
Provide management and coordination of vendor services risk management, with responsibility for overall success. Manage staff and/or managerial staff to achieve goals and objectives. Responsible for determining reputational, financial, safety and security risks for Vendor Services including assessment, evaluation, outreach, planning and mitigation. Provide leadership in the maintenance of Stanford’s Vendor Risk Management program.
- Direct management of staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization and the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, professional development and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Develop and implement strategic plan(s) for Vendor Risk.
- Provide strategy, vision and direction.
- Influence leadership on specific recommendations for current operations and future development.
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or formulate internal administrative policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Direct process improvements for organization or program.
- Develop and implement vendor scorecard and quarterly business review programs.
- Drive compliance and quality management through annual risk monitoring.
- Administer the Vendor Management Governance, Regulatory and Compliance systems.
- Collaborate with internal owners, campus wide, to identify and communicate key risks.
- Provide reporting on risk appetite and KPIs.
- Implement SLAs including quality measurement and continuous improvement plan.
- Prepare action plans to decrease risk factors.
- Make risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation in order to minimize future risks.
- Provide training for staff as well as internal customers.
- Develop and maintain partner and vendor relationships.
- Assist with other vendor risk and program management duties as assigned.
- J.D. or MBA
- Prior risk, compliance and supplier management experience
- Experience managing risk operations, technical support and/or customer care operations
- An understanding of privacy laws on a State and Federal level
- Strong plan development, resource management and execution skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to anticipate campus’ risks and, challenges and formulate solutions
- Passion for providing excellent service and quality
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills including conflict resolution
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong financial expertise
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong expertise in business and management computer applications and databases
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and/or regulatory requirements.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Choose health or fitness classes which are currently being offered virtually. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of the 2020 calendar year. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
FMS invites you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply Online” link. Please submit an online application, resume, and cover letter.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4142
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 87307