Reporting to the Division Administrator for HVC, the Assistant Administrator supports the operations management of three clinical divisions in Surgery. This role will also assist with the creation and/or revision of clinical, financial, and research-related administrative processes. Assist with data and report generation regarding patient experience, divisional operational performance, and financial performance in preparation for meetings attended by the Division Administrator and/or faculty.
Additional responsibilities for this position include;
- Manages operational performance in relation to the department, Yale Medicine practice standards and patient experience, taking action as needed.
- Manages expenses for the divisions, assuring fiscal responsibility.
- Partners with the Division Administrator and business office to ensure financial allocations and reporting are accurate.
- Collaborates in developing budgets for operational expenses. Responsible for C&T hiring, performance management and daily workflow optimization.
- Daily office operations; including technological, office and clinic space issue resolution.
- Performs a variety of activities related to managing the daily operations of a unit including human resources planning, information technology, financial reporting, facility planning, research support, and compliance among other functions for a unit.
- Administers the administrative and fiscal activities of the assigned unit; serves as liaison between the assigned unit and other University administrative offices.
- Assigns administrative support to various functions of the unit; monitors activities of staff to ensure timely completion of assigned work.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance.
- Plans the use of facilities in the assigned department including office space, work stations, equipment, technology needs, inventory, and office supplies.
- Plans and facilitates training sessions for the department when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Ensures compliance with University and federal health and safety regulations as they apply to the unit.
- Initiates, plans and develops administrative policies for the assigned unit.
- Contributes to long-range administrative planning for the assigned unit.
- Implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative function of the unit.
- Supervises and leads staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Project management, administrative and accounting skills, including a familiarity with databases and spreadsheets.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Well-developed organizational and written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of individuals at all levels throughout the University.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to manage resources effectively, measure and monitor progress, redirect efforts and proactively anticipate changes in the business environment
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Supervisory and management skills with the ability to manage staff time and performance on a day-to-day basis.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficient with Microsoft office and outlook and a familiarity with Visio.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Familiarity with Workday HR and financial functions.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus