Category Communications and Public Relations
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Communications Communicator for the Arab Barometer will promote and disseminate research findings through social media engagement to promote the Arab Barometer’s work. The Coordinator will assist the Communications Manager and use a data-driven and collaborative approach to develop and distribute social content that will engage the right audience on the right channels.
The Arab Barometer is a nonpartisan research network that provides insight into the social, political, and economic attitudes and values of ordinary citizens across the Arab world. The Arab Barometer has been conducting high quality and reliable public opinion surveys in the Middle East and North Africa since 2006. It is the largest repository of publicly available data on the views of men and women in the MENA region.
**This position is based at the Arab Barometer's office in Washington, DC. It is a term position ending on March 31, 2022, with the possibility of renewal.**
- Assist the Communications Manager. Help manage the social media channels. Execute processes for social media publishing, moderation and optimization. Set up, measure and optimize Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Mailchimp and the website. Measure and report on social media engagement and audience KPIs.
- Draft social copy and frame social content in ways that will engage social communities while focusing on key targeted segments. Analyze, test and iterate social content and overall social campaigns to better engage target audiences and achieve the brand's organizational goals.
- Collaborate with the manager to create/optimize social content, define and deliver social media plans, creative briefs, infographics, presentation materials, etc. for various social media campaigns.
- Track, monitor and report on media coverage for exposure and brand reputation management.
- Responsible for the website's media page update and maintenance.
- Stay up-to-date with respect to best social media practices, benchmarks and emerging trends.
- Provide support on media inquiries
- Responds to incoming media requests promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Identifies new people and organizations within the target audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in communications, journalism or related field preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in digital media
- Strong writing skills and ability to work on a variety of materials for different audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency (spoken and written) in Arabic and English; French is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of MENA issues
- Ability to work with numbers and statistics
- Strong skills in organization, ability to balance multiple project, and to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work strategically and collegially with the Arab Barometer team
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.