Senior HR Officer, Partnerships and Services
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
ONE-YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for facilitating and integrating HR processes, practices, and to provide advice and services to clients in line with the strategy of the University:
Other Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Human Resources Administration which includes but not limited to recruitment, benefits, terminations, leave;
- Processing of payroll transactions which includes but not limited to processing and verifying of new appointments (permanent and temporary); Contract extensions (temporary staff);Claims and overtime; annual increases (externally funded appointments); performance bonuses (externally funded appointments); and benefits (Medical aid, provident fund, group life);
- Probation and placement Administration;
- Employment relations support and advice as delegated
- Recruitment and Selection;
- On boarding of new staff
- Performance Management support to staff members as and when assigned
- Facilitating the exit process for staff that are terminating their services with the University
- 3 year Diploma in Human Resources or related field;
- 3 years’ experience as a generalist in Human Resources;
- 3 years’ experience with end to end support in all areas of HR including specialist services;
- A driver’s licence;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good knowledge and understanding of working with a diverse workforce;
- Excellent knowledge of the legislative framework governing HR processes;
- Excellent knowledge of general HR administrative processes and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of general HR policies and procedures;
- Good knowledge of payroll principles and processes;
- Good Computer Skills (Ms Office Suite);
- Proficient use of HR System e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, VIP;
- Confidentiality and attention to detail;
- Good organizational, planning, prioritising and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Ability to prioritize and function under strict timelines;
- Self- driven and high level of professionalism
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- 3 year degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Work experience in higher education or health industry
- Exposure and experience in using PeopleSoft - Human Capital Management System.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Cassandra Rademeyer, Tel: (012) 420-2640 for application-related enquiries, and Philisiwe Tshabalala, Email: email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.