Administrative Officer, Invigilation
DEPARTMENT OF ENROLMENT AND STUDENT ADMINISTRATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
To actively assist in the Invigilation office as required, and as requested, in order to ensure that the highest standards are maintained during tests and examinations.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of on-campus examinations and tests:
- Receive test and exam invigilation booking requests from various departments, and respond accordingly;
- Schedule invigilators according to invigilation requests from various departments;
- Assist with supervision of venues and invigilators during tests and exams where necessary;
- Report any irregularities during tests and exams to the exam control officer;
- Verify invigilators’ salary claims created on the PeopleSoft system;
- Register newly appointed DESA staff and invigilators on the Permissions Manager system;
- Keep an updated invigilators database;
- Provide regular assistance to the admin control officer with administrative work where necessary;
- Assist with ordering of stationery and ensure safekeeping;
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders;
- Maintain a good relationship with different stakeholders, enabling a smooth running of tests and examination;
- Controlling of test/exam papers, and office administration:
- Monitor records of collection of test/exam papers and scripts from the office;
- Notify lecturers/secretaries if test/exam papers and answer scripts are insufficient during test/exam session;
- Ensure that safe keeping of the test and examination papers are always adhered to;
- Ensure maintenance of golf carts before and after main tests and examination period;
- Undertake general office duties.
- Gr 12 with four years’ relevant experience;
- Three year diploma in office administration or related field, plus two years’ relevant experience;
- Experience in:
- An administrative environment and working with people;
- MS Word and MS Excel;
- Internet and Email.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of the University's rules and regulations with regard to examinations and related matters;
- Knowledge of the University map;
- Innovative in information technology and related systems;
- Institutional knowledge of the University of Pretoria;
- Knowledge of religious practices of students;
- Knowledge of documents on rules and regulations for examination, and related matters;
- Knowledge of exam special practices, and arrangements in specific modules;
- Proven client relations and communication skills;
- Computer literate;
- Planning skills;
- Good people skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Should be able to work under pressure and make decisions;
- Willingness to work overtime.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Three year degree in office administration or related field;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Four years’ experience in:
- Application of policy in examination related matters;
- Experience in working with IT systems;
- Booking of invigilators;
- A higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 02 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.