Principal Program Manager, Engineering/Science
2 days left
- Full Time
Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management (ICRM) invites applications for the position of Principal Program Manager.
The Principal Program Manager (PPM) will drive ICRM's funded R&D programs, and in particular the ASEAN Disaster Risk Finance and Insurance Phase 2 (ADRFI-2) Program as related to the risk data/assessment component. Along with another PPM on risk financing advisory, the two PPMs are expected to assume the lead for solutions of all technical developments related to ADRFI disaster risk financing mission that provides ASEAN Members States with competent and high quality disaster risk quantification, support in developing possible disaster risk financing mechanisms, and options for the sovereign disaster risk financing. These have to be further delivered from the perspective of ASEAN Member States in terms of their fiscal policies and economic development goals.
The two PPM positions define the thrust of ADRFI-2 along the business / sovereign aspects as well as along the related technical aspects in developing ADRFI risk advisory solutions. While being independent in their areas, the two positions form the ADRFI leadership team make it absolutely necessary that the two leads work synergistically in managing the overall project and related developments. For example, the Risk Assessment lead should be highly visible in key phases of the Risk Financing Advisory developments and vice versa.
Supporting team for ADRFI is housed at ICRM, with defined roles reporting to one of the leads, but they will also be working cross functionally as per the discretion and coordination of the leads. The leads will have budget limited discretion to hire as needed outside consultants and senior consultants, as well as procurement of data. ICRM will provide supporting personnel and infrastructure for ADRFI developments, as well as financial management of the project. Related to this, the two leads report directly to the ADRFI-2 Principle Investigator(s) / Exec-Dir of ICRM, and together with the Exec-Dir have joint responsibility in project reporting to the program funders and to the ASEAN Cross-Sectorial Coordination Committee (ACSCC).
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in an engineering or science related field
- B.Sc. holders with significant additional years of relevant experience (listed above) in SE Asia in a leading role are welcome to apply
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hands-on Cat risk modelling and data development experience, with demonstrated growth in (portfolio of projects and expertise acquired)
- Demonstrated hands-on portfolio of leading Risk assessment projects, including in-house developments, for the insurance industry in Singapore and South East Asia, and include some with sovereign entities in the region, 10+ years
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leading role with the insurance industry in Singapore and SE Asia in crafting Cat risk solutions (portfolio of projects), interacting with clients (users)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in being Cat risk development team head in a large insurance related organization
- Excellent knowledge of building types/systems, building design and construction practices in SE Asia
- Excellent knowledge of the insurance industry in Singapore and SE Asia, particularly related to cat risk related challenges and solutions
- High level of hands-on proficiency in devising data analysis, data mining and data manipulation approaches using software tools, as well as excellent knowledge of a GIS software
- Clear demonstration of hands-on leadership in a multi-stakeholder environment for delivery of ADRFI-2 goals on budget and on schedule
- Extensive travel in ASEAN region
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.