Research Assistant, Chemistry/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Environmental and Water Technology
A Research Assistant position is currently available in Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (NEWRI-AEBC).
- Implement, optimize, and perform analytical chemistry laboratory techniques – Analytical Chemistry (environmental sample preparation, biochemical assays, etc.)
- Conduct analysis involving established methods for separation techniques (HPLC and GC), mass spectrometry (MS) and spectroscopy (UV, Fluorescence, etc.).
- Perform data analysis and interpretation on the fate and occurrence of contaminants in the environment
- Assist on the preparation of research reports, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Prepare Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and risk assessment
- Support existing graduate students and research staff in their research
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Environmental & Water Technology or other related science/life science disciplines
- Knowledge and experience on operation, data analysis, sample preparation and method development of high-end analytical instruments (e.g. HPLC, GC, FTIR, GC-MS, IC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS or some of these) is highly preferred
- Highly motivated person who is able to work independently
- Good communication skills & team player
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU