Research Fellow, Ceramic 3D Printing
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work on a project on the development of ceramic inks that allow their direct ink writing as well as the use of external fields.
The roles of this position include:
- Determine ceramic ink composition and characterize their rheological properties
- Establish the protocol required to print these inks
- Add external fields to ensure the microstructure of the ceramics before sintering is as desired
- Explore the variety of microstructures that can be obtained using this method
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or related fields
- 3 years research experience on Ceramic materials
- Expertise in ceramic materials fabrication and microstructural characterization
- Expertise in rheology
- Experience in 3D printing highly recommended
- Knowledge in colloidal assemblies, 2D materials, and directed-assembly
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English
- Strong motivation for team-work and collaborations
- Excellent communication skills required
- Excellent learning and experimental skills required
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.