Research Fellow, LKCMedicine
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow in the laboratory of Asst. Prof. Navin Verma
We are recruiting a Research Fellow, who will join the laboratory of Asst. Prof. Navin Kumar Verma at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University Singapore (NTU).
Our lab in the Clinical Sciences Building (CSB) within the Skin Research Institute of Singapore (SRIS), located in the Novena campus, focuses on Immunology and Cell Biology research. We use various in vitro and in vivo models to address fundamental questions on immunology and cell biology, in particular immuno-oncology.
The lab fosters reciprocal interactions between the members of the lab and the members of the NTU life science clusters including, but not limited to, LKCMedicine, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering and School of Biological Sciences and multiple collaborators outside NTU, including National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS). We provide exciting opportunities, dynamic research environment and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are all encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit:
- Perform experiments, document results, analyse data, write reports, project proposals and manuscripts for publication.
- Assist in the purchasing of laboratory materials and provide general support to the lab.
- Keep track of all cell lines, plasmids and other reagents and research data in the lab and participate in lab health and safety measures, risk assessment etc.
- Attend regular lab meetings on weekly basis.
- Contribute in the development of competitive multi-disciplinary research in the field of immunology and cell biology.
Skills and qualifications:
- PhD in biological sciences, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or other life sciences from a reputed University.
- Proficiency in standard cellular, molecular, and imaging techniques.
- Demonstrated significant scientific achievements in terms of publications in reputed journals, patents, awards etc. from his/her PhD training and previous research.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) with good communication and technical skills, self-motivated and well-organized team player.
- Capable of working independently on multiple projects with minimum supervision, collaborate effectively in a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team and able to write manuscripts and research proposal.
- Willing to participate in routine laboratory management and maintenance.
- Experience in experimental animal handling and knowledge about ion channels/electrophysiology will be an advantage.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your cover letter, CV and names/contact details of two references at your earliest convenience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC