Research Assistant, Animal Models of Infection
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
We are inviting applications for the position of Research Assistant.
- Participate in research investigating how bacteria causes infection in animal models including, but not limited to, mice and rats
- Planning, implementing, and analyzing animal infection experiments
- Occasionally assisting in a variety of laboratory experiments involving bacteria, biofilms, antimicrobial resistance, and more
- Communication of plans and results to a variety of stakeholders frequently
- A or BS in biology, microbiology or a related field
- Willingness to perform animal experiments is essential
- Experience with handling small animals is advantageous
- Experience in molecular biology and/or microbiology research is advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Ability to meticulously plan and document experiments, and also be flexible and open to last-minute changes and variations
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are essential
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU