Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Department of Informatics
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATICS
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Active participation and leadership in the research agenda of the Department;
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the Department;
- Departmental administrative tasks.
- A Master’s degree in Informatics/Business Information Systems/Information Technology;
- Publications in accredited journals or conferences;
- Industry experience especially within the field.
- Same as for Lecturer and;
- A Doctorate in A Doctorate in Informatics/Business Information Systems/Information Technology;
- At least two years tertiary education experience or 2 years related industry experience;
- Active in postgraduate supervision.
- Same as for Senior Lecturer and;
- At least 6 years combined tertiary teaching and industry related experience;
- Academic status in the relevant discipline;
- A proven research and publication record;
- Experience in the successful graduation of Master’s and/or PhD candidates;
- Experience in undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching.
- National recognition as a well-established researcher.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Evidence of teaching excellence to large postgraduate classes;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching and research expertise that complement the Department’s research focus area;
- Related industry work or consulting experience;In-dept knowledge of Business Programming;
- Experience in leading community-engagement projects.
- NRF rating or have applied for one.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 12 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.