Research Associate/Research Fellow, Laser Physics, Level ARAS/BRF
- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time (1.0FTE), 12 (twelve) month, fixed term contract
- Salary range $88,851 - $118,665 plus superannuation
About the Role
The Research Associate/Research Fellow will undertake research and development activities of UniSA STEM in the Laser Physics and Photonic Devices Laboratories (LPPDL), particularly on the research project to demonstrate the use of chip-laser based frequency combs for multi-channel free-space optical communication. The position reports to the Professor in STEM/Chief Investigator for the project.
About UniSA STEM
Harnessing connections across science, technology, engineering and mathematics, UniSA STEM creates innovative solutions and groundbreaking developments across teaching, learning and research. The LPPDL is a photonics group within the STEM academic unit housing world-class laser physics capabilities, optical material processing (ultra-fast laser inscription), waveguide lasers, and optical fibre fabrication and characterization facilities.
- undertake research to demonstrate chip-based frequency comb laser for free-space based optical communication
- design experiments to demonstrate multi-line modulation of a frequency comb laser
- disseminate research findings through high quality publications and presentations contribute to the supervision and training of students
- participate in developing and writing research proposals for a follow-on project
Essential Skills and Experience
- demonstrated experience with photonics, free-space optics, guided wave lasers, and opto-electronics
- demonstrated knowledge in optical communications and coherent optical communication systems
- demonstrated strong publication track record in leading scientific journals and conferences
- demonstrated capacity to conduct independent research in addition to working effectively as a member of a research team
- a BSc (Honours) or equivalent qualification and PhD in Physics or a closely related discipline
UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- access to personal development opportunities
- competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- flexible working conditions
- employee assistance and development programs
- a range of salary packaging options
- a variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address. Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2512.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 6 October 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.