- $86,191 - $92,274
- 1.0 FTE (5 days a week)
- Fixed term: 12 months duration, with the possibility of extension
About the role
The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society is seeking expressions of interest for a Level A Research Officer to assist with projects relating to the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer identifying (LGBTIQ) communities.
Summary of tasks
- Analysis and write up of quantitative survey data pertaining to LGBTIQ health and wellbeing and HIV
- Preparation of literature reviews and assistance with publications and/or grant applications for other work related to LGBTIQ health and wellbeing and HIV
- Coordinating with external stakeholders as part of knowledge translation and exchange efforts
- Preparation of ethics applications and initial drafts of data collection materials
- Drafting of journal articles, community reports and briefing papers
Skills & Experience
- Completion of a PhD in sociology, public health, psychology or other related fields
- Experience conducting complex analyses of quantitative survey data
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of collaborators nationally and/or internationally and with industry/community partners
- A record of academic publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential
- High level project management skills: the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Evidence of the ability to work as a member of a team in a co-operative and collegial manner
- Experience working with or for LGBTIQ communities (including in relation to HIV)
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding
- Qualitative analysis skills
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 11th October 2020
Position Enquiries: Adam Bourne via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 03 9479 8732
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559880 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.