Lecturer, Information Management, Teaching Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Three (3) year, full-time (1.0 FTE), fixed term contract
- Salary range: $100,184 - $118,665 per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
The Lecturer in Information Management will be primarily focussed on the preparation and delivery of teaching in a suite of postgraduate Information Management programs within the areas of Library and Information Management, and Archive and Records Management.
The position will contribute to the development of curricula whilst carrying out a range of activities to develop and maintain scholarly expertise related to the discipline.
About UniSA STEM
At the forefront of cross-disciplinary collaboration, UniSA STEM is developing the next wave of innovative thinkers and new possibilities. Harnessing connections across science, technology, engineering and mathematics, we create innovative solutions and groundbreaking developments across teaching, learning and research.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Design and implement learning activities in face-to-face and online modes
- Design and develop engaging course curricula and materials
- Prepare and coordinate moderation of assessment activities
- Undertake teaching activities as part of the teaching team
- Provide academic counselling, mentoring and advice to students
Essential Skills and Experience
- Doctoral qualification or a Masters in Information Management or relevant field, or professional/industry experience including registration with professional bodies
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching duties, including the design and preparation of teaching activities and resources
- Competence in using digital teaching techniques
- Experience in using contemporary teaching methodologies
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- Flexible working conditions
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address. Please address your cover letter to Samantha Matthews, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number #2514.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 5 October 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.