Social Science Research Professional 3
Stanford University is seeking a Social Science Research Professional 3 (2 year fixed term) to perform work to serve as the project manager for a community-based project in Salinas, CA focused on improving cancer outcomes among the Latinx community using a community health worker model. The person in this position would work closely with the project PI’s to manage all aspects of the project including IRB management, development of study instruments and measures, development and implementation of study tracking databases, ongoing reporting on project progress, coordination of team meetings and communication, and contribution to scientific and non-scientific dissemination activities. The project manager will play a significant role in developing, leading, and disseminating the community health worker model.
- Assist principal investigators with designing the research to evaluate the community health worker model to improve cancer outcomes.
- Independently identify/modify methodologies for evaluating the effectiveness of the community health worker program.
- Play a leadership role in the community-university partnership that leads this project..
- Co-author all or sections of a report for publication or professional presentation with the work being reviewed by the principal investigator or faculty.
- Present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences.
- Complete project-related administrative and budgetary responsibilities of a limited scope as needed.
- Formally supervise and train new staff or students, including hiring, performance management, and related duties, in addition to instruction on techniques and consultation on project work.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Masters degree in public health or related field
- Previous experience working on community-engaged research in cancer
- Previous project management experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Ability to drive for the study but will conduct work remotely during the pandemic
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Graduate degree in an applicable social science related field and five years of applicable experience, or combination of education and experience in an applicable social science.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expert level knowledge and skills in field of science related to research project.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants.
- Supervisory skills.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4188
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87201