Head of Department of Optometry and Orthoptics
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine announces a selection procedure for the position
Head of the Department of Optometry and Orthoptics
The Department of Optometry and Orthoptics is an educational and research department of the Faculty of Medicine, providing education of non-medical programmes, specifically bachelor’s studies Optics and Optometry, Otrhoptics and master’s study Optometry.
The Department head will be responsible for the management of the Department, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the department. The Candidate for Department head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for the declared position:
- Completed university education in a field relevant to optometry and orthoptics or equivalent education obtained abroad
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc.
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, as amended, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years; This condition can be replaced by long-term academic work in an equivalent position abroad.
- Experience with teaching, personal and professional prerequisites for guaranteeing the subjects taught at the Department.
- Scientific and publication activity in the field.
- Personal and professional prerequisites for the management of the Department.
- Personal and moral integrity.
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); Persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to prove.
- The backing of a prestigious educational and research institution.
- Opportunities for education and other professional growth.
- Motivating financial remuneration and benefits.
- The successful candidate could receive a start-up package for a research programme.
Applications together with
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- a criminal record
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (if required)
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine, through e-Application (see below). For more information please contact Ing. Ivana Janáčková via e-mail: email@example.com