Coordinator, Local Impact-Energy Plus Project
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Khorog, Tajikistan
Deadline: 25 September 2020
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Local Impact- Energy Plus Project Coordinator will work under the leadership and supervision of the SPCE Head in Tajikistan, but on some respective activities will also report to SPCE Head in Afghanistan and closely work with SPCE academic and administrative staff.
The coordinator will be responsible for the project's overarching programmatic and financial management, providing oversight on design and implementation of the project's annual work plans and budgets. S/he also will be responsible for managing a learning partner, defining Terms of References (ToRs) and annually convening the Steering Committee, and overseeing the Catalyze Fund. The coordinator will be based in Khorog but will also have frequent travels to Badakhshan Afghanistan to fulfill the tasks of the position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Major responsibilities in executing specific project activities in Afghanistan:
- Convening meetings between UCA and BE on agreeing the plan for project activities;
- Setting up working groups for implementing the planned project activities, agreeing the roles and terms, schedule of meetings:
- Arrange meetings with local authorities and signing any formal protocols to smoothly implement the required activities based on the laws of Afghanistan;
- Promote of courses through SPCE network and attract maximum number of participants;
- Establish selection Panel of SPCE and BE staff;
- Coordinate the selection process of course participants and ensure the admission of the most suitable candidates:
- Arrangements of visas and logistics for travel of participants to Tajikistan;
- Plan and carry out alumni survey among graduates and track their progress (if applicable).
Major responsibilities in executing specific project activities in Tajikistan:
- Convene meetings between SPCE and PE on agreeing the course ToR;
- Agree ToR for feasibility study and coordinate tender announcement for conducting feasibility study;
- Coordinate tender announcement for course design and development of learning materials;
- Coordinate the joint SPCE-PE development of specifications of equipment;
- Manage the tender process for procurement of equipment and teaching resources for the programme;
- Manage all activities related to the arrangement and establishment of a workshop for the training;
- Together with SPCE admin manager coordinate all logistics related to travel, accommodation and catering for participants in Khorog:
- Coordinate the development of learning materials for the training;
- Supervise the translation and printing of learning materials for the programme;
- Monitor the process of delivery of courses and regularly report to SPCE academic unit on the progress and shortcomings;
- Coordinate with SPCE academic unit on conducting evaluation and exams upon completion of each module;
- Coordinate all activities directly related to conducting the graduation ceremony.
Overall administrative and financial responsibilities/duties:
- In close collaboration with the Office of Research and Development (ORD), other UCA units and partners, prepare the annual work plan and budget in relation to the Project design and available financing, and oversee the coordination and implementation of the activities as per the approved annual work plan and budget;
- Actively cooperate with partners through ORD, implement of the project activities and events jointly with other organizations (schools and local providers, stakeholders and in the target countries);
- Work with Financial Analyst of SPCE's Project Management Office (PMO) to manage projections, reporting and budgeting process.
- Work and liaise with Financial department: project and grant reps
- Represent and promote the Project on national and regional levels as required, maintain close continued collaboration with development partners relevant to the Project;
- Work on and be responsible to use effectively UCAs SAP/Enterprise resource planning system to coordinate the Orders by himself from UCA account provided, based on the budget and work plan activities
- Work and liaise with UCA Materials Management Department and Administration department as needed regarding the SAP.
Monitoring and reporting of the Project:
- Preparation reports based on workplan and arrange circulation of reports and other Project documentation from trainers as appropriate;
- Report to Finance department and coordinate reporting of all involved staff and trainees based on the agreed deadlines;
- Assume the lead responsibility for the preparation and content of the Annual Project Implementation Review, with the full participation of relevant Project personnel and stakeholders;
- Report to ORD, SPCE Director, Heads, and other related partners on any aspect of project management whenever is required;
- Monitor publications and media sources on the activities of the Project;
- Work and liaise with UCA Communication and publication department along with SPCEs communication and marketing staff at SPCE's PMO.
With specific reference to UCA administration and financial management:
- Ensure the completion of the procurement process and compliance with the appropriate procurement guidelines
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced administration/organisational skills and, ability to multi-task and stay on track to meet the Local Impact- Energy Plus Project goals and objectives;
- Excellent command of Tajik or Dari, Russian and English language, both verbal and written;
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse team, a variety of stakeholders and the immediate and larger community;
- Ability to gather, record and analyse data and generate reports;
- Advance skills in finances and budgeting;
- Operate confidently and calmly under tight timelines, unpredictable and stressful situations;
- Expert knowledge and skills in the use of information communication technologies and Office 365;
- Expert knowledge in electricity generation maintenance and construction of power lines as well as teaching experience would be preferred;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate degree in a relevant field with 3 years’ experience in project management and coordination.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by September 25th 2020. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Coordinator, Local Impact-Energy Plus Project.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.