Assistant Professor, Bioinformatics
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University. The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed resume, a brief description of current/future research activities, teaching philosophy, and courses taught. English is the language of instruction and communication. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Participates in research: Research productivity is an integral part for promotion
- Active participation in education and training of undergraduate and graduate students
- Expected to lead genomic and statistical analyses of data sets derived from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Initiation/implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analysis software
- Tracking project data and reporting analysis results
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
More than 2 years’ experience with NexGen data and metagenomic analyses. Experience in scientific programming with applications to biological research, professional software development experience Experience with C++ and programming using UNIX/LINUX clusters. Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics Experience with large genomic data sets (Next-generation sequence, genotyping, or expression data), data mining, and data analysis Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (Perl, Python, ..etc)
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Pediatrics - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 30000 - 35000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience