Assistant Position Specialised in Digital Auxiliary Historical Sciences
Department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies – Faculty of Arts
Deadline: 25 Sep 2020
Start date: 1 November 2020 or by appointment
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant position specialised in digital auxiliary historical sciences (Work load: 0,3 (12 hours)
- Master in auxiliary historical sciences or archive studies.
- Specialisation in digital auxiliary historical sciences, especially digital palaeography and codicology.
- Practical experience in the digitalisation of historical documents.
- At least an year of work experience (on the whole) in memorial or academic institutions abroad specialised in digital humanities and the digitalisation of historical documents.
- Knowledge of English and at least a second world language (preferably German) on a B2 level.
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Experience in research or developmental project realisation.
- Teaching of mandatory and optional subjects related to digital humanities or digital auxiliary historical sciences within the study curriculum of the Brno auxiliary historical sciences and archive studies.
- Teaching at least one subject in English.
- Guiding bachelor and master theses.
- Communication with memorial and academic institutions within Czech republic and abroad specialized in digital humanities, digital auxiliary historical sciences and the digitalisation of historical documents. The aim is in establishing training internships for students from abroad.
Supplements to the application:
- Letter of motivation
- Structured CV containing an overview of the applicant’s practical experiences.
- Copies of the final degree, documents of all abroad study visits and work experiences.
More information about the Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies at:
How to apply?
Please, send applications with all above mentioned attachments to the Human Resources Department of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, A. Nováka 1, 602 00 Brno, by 25 September 2020 in the form of an e-application (see below).