Senior Research Fellow, Heterogeneous Catalysis
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for our Senior Research Fellow position.
In heterogeneous catalysis, one of the key scientific challenges of the new decade is the efficient conversion of CO2 to value-added hydrocarbons and/or oxygenates. Given the large number of elementary steps involved, the selective conversion of CO2 to value-added chemicals always requires interfacial catalysts with finely tuned bifunctionalities. In the present project, the main research theme is bifunctionality in interfacial catalysts. Specific research tasks include, but not limited to: design and construction of microreactor test rigs, design and preparation of novel catalysts, kinetics measurements and interpretation, interrogating structural-functional relationships of catalysts under operando conditions, validating in silico predictions of catalytic properties, mentoring research students and reporting progress in a timely manner.
Whilst being an employee of Nanyang Technological University, most of your time will be spent at the Cambridge Centre for Advanced Research and Education in Singapore, where you will work as part of interdisciplinary team consisting of scientists and engineers from University of Cambridge, National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University.
- Conduct experimental research as outlined by PI
- Develop new research methodologies
- Provide support to research students and other research staff
- Maintenance of the research equipment and ensure safe and smooth operation in the lab
- Report research progress
- Publish research findings
- Strong English communication skills
- A PhD degree dedicated to heterogeneous catalysis from an internationally reputable research group
- Minimum 5 years experience post-PhD
- Preference will be given to candidates with experiences in operando catalyst characterisation techniques
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with computational chemists
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU