Senior Coordinator, Postgraduate Studies
4 days left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF LAW
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT ADMINISTRATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL: 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Drawing up programmes and schedules (based on monthly and annual goals and action plans) in conjunction with the Head: Student Administration;
- Giving strategic inputs concerning the interface between academics, student administration and interest groups;
- Planning administrative duties in cooperation with the Head Student Administration with regard to the annual activities of the Student Administration to ensure that all objectives are reached in an efficient and effective manner;
- Analysing and check programmes in conjunction with the Departments to ensure that continued maintenance of the academic programmes are in place;
- Drafting schedules and programmes for the different departments in the Faculty;
- Providing input in terms of the regulations with regard to the activities of the Faculty;
- Determining needs in respect of infrastructure and apparatus in order to make the work environment more client orientated and efficient;
- Determining administrative work standards performance criteria which staff members must meet in accordance with performance appraisal principles.
Organising and coordinating:
- Organising the activities in the student administration office in view of the effective implementation thereof;
- Coordinating and managing the duties of dedicated Administrative Officers in order to be able to meet the required objectives;
- Delegating responsibilities and defining what is required from the Student Administration as well as the different faculty departments.
Managing and mentoring:
- Informing staff of shortcomings and poor execution of responsibilities and make recommendations in respect of correction(s);
- Providing sufficient space for development/correction;
- Documenting objectives agreed upon for development/correction;
- Giving support to individual members of staff concerning workload and the handling of problems;
- Determining the developmental needs and expose staff members purposefully to training opportunities (formal and informal) in conjunction with the Head: Student Administration.
- B-degree or equivalent three year tertiary qualification;
- A minimum of five years’ experience of all main processes and procedures within Student Administration of which at least 2 years’ in a supervisory capacity in academic/student administration environment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good management skills;
- Advance knowledge of student administration system in a tertiary environment;
- Advance computer skills in MS Office, Internet, email and PeopleSoft;
- Appropriate language and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Meticulous and ability to maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively on all levels within the organisation and with clients and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organised and a keen commitment to excellence.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant Hons degree and management certificates.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 23 September 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.