Working as a member of the professional services education support team, within the dental faculty, to ensure consistent management and delivery of assessment provision by providing high quality administrative support. Providing a professional, supportive, responsive and personable service incorporating front-line support as the first point of contact for students and academic staff. Supporting assessment processes across the whole academic cycle, ensuring accurate and timely record management across multiple systems.
The post holder will be part of the administrative team providing support for all aspects of the administration of the examinations of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme, BSc in Dental Therapy & Hygiene and the external Overseas Registration Examination (ORE).
This is a full-time, indefinite contract.
To assist with the organisation, conduct and running of the undergraduate dentistry examinations and the external ORE
(Overseas Registration Examination) run by King's College London on behalf of the General Dental Council.
Support all student assessment processes in line with university deadlines and regulations and Faculty and external requirements, utilising systems and databases- e.g. student records systems, exam software and virtual learning environments - accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identify and resolving issues. These processes include:
the running of BDS assessment and the ORE examinations processes, including administrative preparation, venue booking, invigilator management, organising candidates, collating and checking results.
ensuring comprehensive and up-to-date online examination resources for students and staff via KEATs.
planning and preparation for clinical assessments
Take responsibility for resolving students' and academics' enquiries, including face-to-face and via email, responding within agreed timeframes and escalating complex enquiries as appropriate
Providing basic analytical and statistical breakdown of results for examinations as required.
Assist in ensuring that quality assurance requirements and, where required, accreditation requirements are met for relevant programmes, and servicing meetings and assessment boards as directed by your line manager.
Actively participate in the development and improvement of the assessments and processes through identifying and suggesting improvements based on user feedback
Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high volume activity, providing cover and supporting the training and development of new staff members
Take responsibility for own performance and development, through agreeing clear performance objectives, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and reflecting on own performance
Take personal accountability for the data quality of student and assessment records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the agreed retention schedules
Ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner, with appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. Maintain an up to date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of information and subject access requests
Carry out other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the post as required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written & oral communication skills including the ability to draft documents and correspondence
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to analyze complex numerical data
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to work on new systems
- Experience in the use of databases, student record systems (such as SITS) and website content management systems
- Prior experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
- Proactive and the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
- Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement
- Comfortable with adapting to change, driving own professional development
- Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
- Experience of organizing assessments or examinations
- Experience of using virtual learning environments
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.