Library and IT Enquiries Assistant
Library Services - Drill Hall Library
Location: Medway campus
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Part Time Hours: Currently Mon to Fri Evenings 5-9pm, Weekends 9am - 5pm. On the rota basis. Hours are subject to change based on service requirements and include working hours until midnight
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Contract to start immediately until minimum July 2021
Closing Date: Tuesday 22 September 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Drill Hall Library is a unique and major facility providing an integrated library and IT service to staff and students of the Universities at Medway, comprised of the Universities of Greenwich, Kent and Canterbury Christ Church at their shared Medway Campus.
The Drill Hall Library is dedicated to employing students and offering exciting opportunities working as part of a vibrant team, learning transferable skills and gaining valuable work experience. It also offers a chance to be involved in the day-to-day provision of unique library services.
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and innovative individual to join our customer services team to ensure an outstanding user experience.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Offering technical and user support to students from all three universities and external users in the use of IT and Library facilities, including the use of online resources, the library catalogue and self-service.
- Assisting all the Universities of Medway users with IT login issues, resetting passwords, unlocking IT accounts, assisting with wireless connection, and helping with Microsoft Office software and other complex IT enquiries.
- Assisting the users visiting the library under local, regional and national access schemes in joining the Drill Hall Library and validating their library accounts and entitlements.
- Providing a high-level of customer service at the library Welcome Desk or Reception, answering telephone enquiries and processing card payments, manual print credit top-ups/refunds and poster printing.
- Helping users in troubleshooting printing problems, printing posters, scanning and photocopying.
- Assist with the library reservation system by collecting items from the shelves and processing reservations
- To assist in the efficient re-shelving of materials.
This a zero-hour contract up to 20hrs per week, which requires flexibility to work on most days of the week, both evenings and weekends until midnight when required on the rota basis.
The vacancies are expected to continue until minimum of July 2021.
If your application is successful, you will be required to attend compulsory training.
Please read full job description for further information and person specification.
Applications are accepted only from fully registered current students at the Universities of Greenwich.
All applicants must be continuing students until minimum of July 2021.
Please do not apply, if you are unable to work the hours stated or do not have transport available (if applicable) or if you will not be a registered student until minimum of July 2021.
Note: This vacancy is not valid for staff members, MPhil or PhD students.