Research Fellow, Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute
Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of biological solutes (polypeptides, lipids, carbohydrates) present in either fermentation broth or wastewaters
- Identifying as many basic components (from low MW (100-500 Da) up to high MW (10-150 kDa)) in the food wastewaters from brewers, soy bean processing, and soy sauce manufacturers
- Chemically characterise the wastewaters to identify “valuable” solutes so that they can then be separated and recovered by another RF and then sold
- A recognized PhD in Analytical Chemistry, or possibly Environmental/Biochemical Engineering
- Expertise and experience in analytical techniques such as GC-MS, LC-MS/MS or LC-TOF, 2D gel chromatography, ELISA
- Fresh PhD graduates are welcome
- Having 2-3 years of post-doctoral experience is advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.