Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow in the Centre for Population Health Sciences (A/Prof Josip Car)
We are currently recruiting a Senior/ Research Fellow who will join the Centre for Population Health Sciences at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Centre's focus areas of research include population health, digital health, mHealth, digital education, and health services and outcomes research.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Population Health Sciences, A/Prof Josip Car, responsibilities include:
- He/she will participate in the Centre's research in digital health, health education and health services and outcomes research.
- He/she will be capable of leading a project team, including Research Associates and Research Assistants in the execution of projects and analyses of datasets.
- Responsible for research deliverables including writing scientific reports.
- Write manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, crafting posters/abstracts/ presentation slides for meetings/seminars/conferences.
- Contribute to preparation of research grants.
- Participating in research seminars and regular team meetings and discussions which may involve internal and external stakeholders.
- Guiding and coaching junior team members.
- The candidate is expected to undertake responsibilities, including administrative, project or corporate activities, as assigned by the Centre Director.
Skills and qualifications:
- PhD in health services research, population health, epidemiology, health promotion and education or related academic areas (for example, psychology, social sciences, social marketing, statistics, gerontology and medical sciences).
- He/she will have demonstrated specialist competency in qualitative research.
- Competent in research design (quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods).
- Strong project implementation skills including data collection, data management and IRB processes.
- Manages projects effectively, including developing protocols, project execution and resource management to meet deliverable timelines and quality standards.
- Possesses facilitation skills in managing project teams.
- Experienced in population health research, healthcare services and digital health interventions
- Strong research publication record in the health sciences
- Articulate with strong language competencies, fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Highly motivated, meticulous and well-organised with good leadership skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team
- Adaptable and willing to enter into deep learning in new areas
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with a cover letter, CV (including list of publications), and expected salary. Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.