Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Research Technician Assistant will be in charge of ingesting, reducing, and analyzing spectral data being obtained from the Hubble Space Telescope of the satellites of Jupiter.
- Ingest data as it is obtained by Hubble.
- Check data quality to ensure that data were obtained appropriately.
- Develop algorithms for reducing the data and mapping to the surfaces of the Galilean satellite.
- Analyze spectral data of icy satellites and compare to previously known and potentially new materials.
- Prepare publication of results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in geoscience.
- Coursework in analytic laboratory techniques.
- Coursework in planetary sciences.