Director, Alumni Relations
The Director - Alumni Relations is responsible for maintaining and enriching good relations with over 85,000+ Alumni Members of VIT.
Alumni Member relationship building:
- Acting as the primary contact for the majority of Alumni members
- Proactive and reactive liaison with Alumni Members; e-mail, letters, telephone, hosting in-campus events, national & international events, as well
- Administering the Mentoring Scheme for Alumni Members
- Management of Alumni Member societies and networks
- Developing an attractive program of Alumni Member events, from initial planning and budgeting through bookings and guest lists, liaison with volunteers, suppliers and VIT staff, to follow-up and appraisal.
- Responsible for the VIT’s largest annual Alumni Member program
- Maintaining an overview of events in and relating to VIT, and helping to post relevant information online.
- Budgeting, planning, editing, publication, and circulation of the VIT magazine twice a year.
- Formulating and implementing effective strategies for engaging the Alumni Member community as well as raising the profile of the VIT.
- Monitoring and updating information on the VIT website. The Director – Alumni Relations has particular responsibility for news and events, and for publishing this information using their own judgement.
- Forming part of the Web development team who look after the website content as a whole on behalf of the whole VIT.
- Proactively seeking out news items relating to VIT for publication on the website and social media platforms.
- Working with the IT Manager to develop and improve the website and online presence of the VIT.
- Managing the VIT’s social media accounts, writing engaging posts and updates to interest of Alumni Members, prospective students and friends of the VIT. The post-holder will use their own judgement to gather and post social media content as they see fit.
- Taking and gathering photographs relating to VIT members and events
Data management and administration:
- Ability to raise / manage funds and handle bookkeeping process independently.
- Ensure that information held on the VIT Alumni database is maintained with accurate and up-to-date information and that the VIT has appropriate permission to store and use these data.
- Acting as Minutes Secretary to Alumni Development Committee
- Supervision of the Alumni Office.
- Ensuring information posted online by VIT is accurate and up-to-date
- Chancellor, VP, VC, Pro VC, Registrar, Dean / Directors, IT Manager, staff, students, Alumni Members (worldwide)
- MBA degree from reputed institution specialized in marketing field.
- Tech-savvy and familiar with multiple database management tools
- Minimum of 15 years of marketing/sales with a proven track record preferably in Service Industry.
- Experience at the level of Chief Marketing Officer or Director-Marketing/Sales would be desirable.Independent Fund-raising experience / exposure with leading NGOs and large event management agencies / Experience at associations like FICCI, CII and Assocham would be a plus.
- The incumbent should have strong people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to manage diversified population, strong organizational ability and the networking skills.
- Knowledge of multiple languages will be an added advantage.
- Independently contribute both financial and intellectual levels in alumni relationship / management
- Excellent ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding alumni population.
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent hands-on experience in planning, organizing and facilitating alumni events calendar with a range of special events including promotional programs, reunion/community outreach programs, seminars, chapter-fests, workshops etc.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area: Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Role Category: University Level
Role: Dean / Director
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.B.A / B.M.S - Management
PG: MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization
Vellore Institute of Technology
VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe.