Wallenberg, NTU Postdoctoral Fellow
The Wallenberg-NTU Postdoctoral Fellowship is to bring outstanding young researchers, who have graduated from a Swedish university, to NTU for two years of postdoctoral research and studies. The Postdoctoral Fellows are given the opportunity to participate in a broad range of interdisciplinary activities and programs that characterize NTU’s approach to research and education.
This research project focuses on Number Theory problems with the tools coming from Arithmetic Geometry. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to provide uniform estimates for the number of rational points in a bounded domain on algebraic varieties. The project also studies qualitative and quantitative properties of invariants of plane curves in connection with Modular Forms and Determinantal Representations. This makes an important bridge between algebraic and analytic objects. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to apply Number Theory in Coding Theory and Cryptography.
- Provide new uniform estimates for the number of rational points on algebraic varieties by using determinantal methods and other tools coming from both analytic and algebraic number theory.
- Representing invariants, especially the discriminants, of plane curves in terms of modular forms and Riemann Theta Functions. This can also be done by using Determinantal Representations of plane curves.
- Representing plane curves as determinantal representations of matrices with elements described by theta functions.
- Apply Number Theory in Coding Theory and Cryptography
- Write project reports and scientific papers for publication. Present research findings in relevant seminars/conferences
- Collaborate with researchers at NTU and other institutes
- Graduated with a PhD degree from a Swedish university not more than 4 years at the application date
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader
- Applicant is required to submit a well thought-out research proposal with clear deliverables together with a support letter from previous supervisor(s) at Swedish universities as well as a detailed invitation letter from an NTU Faculty
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.