Research Engineer, Computer Science/Engineering
The Centre for Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) of Nanyang Technological University is a translational R&D institute funded by National Research Foundation and supported by Smart Nation Programme Office and GovTech to develop the Smart Platform Infrastructure to enable applications in Video Analytics, Wireless Sensors Network and other areas required by Singapore as a Smart Nation. Through cutting-edge systems research, SPIRIT Centre aims to enable translational efforts in data science and analytics for solving public sector challenges through innovative solutions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of software platform to support Smart Nation applications.
- A full stack developer - system and web development focusing on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP)
- Implementation and the integration of AI/NLP components
- Peer code review
- Documentation and scientific reporting
- Bachelor degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years software development experience (fresh graduate with relevant project experience will be considered)
- Good problem-solving skills and team spirit
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, C/C++, etc.) and research packages/modules
- Experience in popular programming framework and service-oriented architecture (e.g., Django, microservices with Spring cloud and docker, etc.), and database programming
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.