Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (Singapore) invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Assistant Professor Xue Li Guan (Metabolomics/ Lipidomics)
We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant to join our Group (https://sites.google.com/site/lipidsinsystemshealthlab/). Our research focuses on next generation mass spectrometry-based metabolomics and lipidomics and the broader field of systems biology, and their exciting and stimulating applications in human health and diseases, particularly to tackle infections caused by super-bugs. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, clinical and industry partners and will be given comprehensive on-the-job training. The candidate is expected to participate in the Group’s research including sample preparation for analyses and method development using state-of-the-art liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry systems. Other duties include procurement and safety to support laboratory research needs.
Candidates should preferably have/be:
- A good BSc- or BTech-equivalent or higher in Lifesciences, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Depending on qualification, candidates with an PhD are encouraged to apply for a postdoctoral position.
- Preferably at least 1 year of experience in a research laboratory, but recent graduates with the right aptitude will be considered.
- Relevant experience in bioanalytical techniques (HPLC/ UPLC/ nano-LC MS/MS) Skills in sample preparations from biological matrices, and LCMS and LCMSMS method developments and applications
- Ability to analyse and interpret large-scale data using Excel, R and/ or Python and pathway analyses tools
- Prepared to undertake research administration tasks, including procurement, maintain laboratory SOPs, maintain instruments, etc.
- Background in lipids and small molecules will be an advantage but not mandatory
- A good sense of initiative and organization and ability to work in a team
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a PhD program are encouraged to contact us at the coordinates below.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with a cover letter, CV, list of publications (if applicable), half-page summary of prior research conducted, and names of two references at your earliest convenience.
Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.