Research Fellow, Office of Core Curriculum
- Singapore | Closing On 04 Oct 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Research on Urban Climate Design.
- Lead research into developing urban climate design guidelines through application of DUCT.
- Development and integration of models, simulations and their validation.
- Evaluation of UHI and OTC mitigation approaches within DUCT.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g. Architecture, Building, Ecology, Engineering, Geography, Sustainability Sciences).
- ABD doctoral students who expect to graduate within July 2021 will also be considered.
- Field expertise in quantitative methods (e.g. spatial data analysis, urban climate modelling) and/or qualitative methods (e.g. field surveys, focus group discussions) is expected.
- Strong Knowledge and proficiency in programming, spatial science and statistical software is required (e.g. R, ArcGIS, Matlab).
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English is essential.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members.