Senior Lecturer in Engineering Education
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with appropriate disciplinary experience for post of Senior Lecturer on the King’s Academic Education Pathway (AEP) to provide academic leadership in the development, delivery and evaluation of teaching and learning in Engineering Design as part of a general Engineering Department and in conjunction with the new Maker and Design Spaces (circa 1000sqm) at the heart of the Strand Campus. The role-holder will work to enhance the student experience across the department, identifying and leading initiatives to enhance our education offering. As a Senior Lecturer on the Academic Education Pathway, the role-holder will also be expected to carry out more formal action-based pedagogic research, disseminating this as appropriate through internal and external networks. The role holder will contribute to our goal for continuous improvement of our educational offering for undergraduate and taught post-graduate to deliver exciting and ambitious programs.
- Lead the teaching of engineering design through innovative and engaging curriculum and teaching
- Contribute to the ongoing development and utilisation of our maker space, working with stakeholders and suppliers to create state-of-the art facilities for student design which enthuse and inspire students and staff and link with the wider community
- Develop and lead multi-disciplinary design projects embedded throughout our degrees to synthesise and compliment the engineering curriculum
- Develop and deliver associated curriculum and pedagogy in areas such as inclusivity, design thinking, sustainability, teamwork and project management to enhance the teaching of design
- Carry out research activity which enhances Engineering Design Education in the department and contribute to national and international Engineering Design Education pedagogy
- Lead initiatives to evaluate and improve student experience across the department and act as a member of departmental committees, working groups and through internal and external networks.
The AEP is focused on the delivery of education, education-related scholarship, and leadership in education. It creates a clear pathway for recognition, reward and opportunities for advancement for exceptional educators. This role will work in partnership with the Vice-Dean (Education), the Head of Department, the Professor of Engineering Teaching and Learning (AEP) and the Engineering Education Lead (Academic). Additional responsibilities therefore include contribution to the Department’s Education Strategy and leadership of academic staff, teaching assistants and graduate teaching assistants in innovative academic practice in Engineering teaching and learning.
Information on the Department of Engineering and the Faculty of Natural and Mathematical Sciences can be found at the following links: