THE is undertaking a major new initiative to provide unparalleled insights, contacts and information to the millions of prospective international students visiting its website each year.
This is your opportunity to be part of a core team driving forward the THE’s student proposition, and play a role in an initiative that could positively transform the experience of students across the world who are looking to study abroad
A bit about us
We provide the data that underpins university excellence worldwide.
As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
Your new role
Are you serious about Scrum and passionate about Product Management?
If so, this could be an exciting next step in your career,
What we’d like your help with
We’d like you to support 2 product engineering squads and manage the end-to-end delivery of software products and initiatives,
You’ll focus on creating ever-improving team dynamics to build a high-performing team and develop performance in areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
For our teams to be successful, you will facilitate all team ceremonies, manage risks and dependencies and drive the pace of development.
Expect the work to be technically demanding; you’ll need a good grasp of data driven development and technologies to succeed
Your goal will be to keep these teams energised and aligned, ensuring the projects are delivered on time, without compromising on quality or customer value.
Our working environments encourage a trusted/safe atmosphere, where problems can be raised openly with an emphasis on problem solving. You’ll play a part in making sure this continues through challenging times.
We’d love to hear from you, if you can tell us:
- About your time as a dedicated Scrum Master, in a Product led SDLC environment, one where you may have worn various ‘hats’ at different times.
- How you have instilled Agile influence in a team. We’d like know how you’ve ‘led from behind’ to help a team grow, adopt new ways of working and mature scrum processes
- As the proverbial glue in the team, we’d like to know how you make sure processes, roles, tooling, ceremonies and tracking, are part and parcel of everyday working life, and don’t become a burden.
- Often viewed as a master facilitator, tell us how you might act as a team enabler, and how you bridge wider conversations across the business.
- Difference of opinion amongst team members in part and parcel of everyday interactions, We’d like to know how you resolve such friction as and when it arises.
Qualities and attitudes
- To be successful in this role, you’re going to need to quickly establish rapport with a diverse group of people, and be a strong leader who takes people with them on the journey,
- It is likely you are an excellent communicator using your experience as a leader to motivate and stimulate the right response from your team members
- It’s likely you'll have full Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) experience in an Agile environment, preferably in Scrum or Kanban.
- Certifications like CSM (Certified Scrum Master), PSM (Professional Scrum Master) are advantageous.
- We need someone who can walk-the-walk AND talk-the-talk. This isn’t a role for a ‘theorist’, you need to show your practical working too!
- We need someone who is the voice of reason and balance in the team
What we Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities to Travel